HISTORY OF PHOTOGRAPHY TIMELINE

One invention that I was really surprised with was the Camera Obscuras. I did not know the very first recorded photographers were artists. It makes me wonder how they learned to draw, and how long it would take to complete one image. I also wonder if their photos were colored. I was also impressed with Nicephores photosensitive paper. That is what started everything in order to capture a permanent image. I am also impressed with Henry Fox Talbot’s permanent negative images and positive images. Because of that, Mathew Brady and staff were have to cover the American Civil war, exposing 7000 negatives. One event in photography history was when Lewis Hine was hired by US National Child Labor Committee to photograph children working mills. It exposed hard working children, which made a change because of the photos. I find it super cool how pictures went from negative, to positive, to already finished throughout history. I like to think how many pictures tried out color back in 1936 when development of Kodachrome started.

For today, modern day photography is able to show everything in the world. If you wanted to look at places like Egypt, you would google it and see how the amazing photos taken by photographers who traveled the world. It impacted my life because I can easily search up anything I want and be able to see it. From very amazing places to every species of animal, I could look at a image of it and imagine what it could be like. I also take plenty of pictures myself. Being able to capture a moment is very special to me because looking at a image takes me back to that exact day. It’s hard to remember a day a long time ago, but a physical image makes it that much more easy to remember the whole day.