HDR PHOTOGRAPHY

I think my HDR photos could have definitely been better, but it looks good for it being my first time. In the first photo, I wanted to capture the baseball field, mountains, and the sky, I call it cloud and run. After I finally found the setting, I did one perfect, 2 under, and 2 over exposed. The next photo was even more landscape of the grass and mountains, I call it the gloom of grass. The last was the road, houses and trees. Editing around a busy horizon was difficult as the clouds started to look artificial. I tried my best to make the clouds look strange yet as natural as possible, I call it no longer home. The saturation makes the photos unique and bright. Understanding HDR definitely takes some time, but seeing my photo perfectly exposed with the lighting was great.

In photography, HDR stands for high dynamic range. Dynamic range is simply the range of the lightest tones to the darkest tones within a photo. The higher dynamic range your camera has, the closer the photo will compare to what an eye can see. This means that you’ll be able to capture more details in the shadows that might otherwise appear pure black, and you’ll be able to see details in the highlights that might otherwise be washed out with white. A successful HDR shot would look like a good photo with plenty of shadow and light difference. HDR is the difference between the lightest light and darkest dark you can capture in a photo.