CONCEPTUAL SELF PORTRAIT

M: Manual A:5 S:1/200 I:3200 L:55 mm

Conceptual means relating to or based on mental concepts. This photo is an example of conceptual because, I view myself as a ready and on task person. I made sure to take a picture of my everyday items because, it captures everything needed to get through a day of school. I like to think of myself as a leader, so I come to school prepared each and every day. My computer is showing a checklist, saying how I get my work done. I have my pencil box opened showing that I come to school prepared, and I have my backpack in frame to show where everything goes. I like to bring a jacket to school because not only does it keep me warm, I feel comfortable wearing it and it is always nice to have on hand.

When people such as my friends see these objects, they would probably be able to picture me immediately, since these objects are uniquely connected to me. It’s been forever since I have seen another pencil box, and I am the only student who I know wears that dark blue wind breaker. Being prepared feels nice, even being too prepared. It is better to have things that you don’t need, than need things you don’t have. My school work and everything I need for schoolwork is inside that backpack, and I like to connect that to me, bring prepared.

Cindy Sherman

I really respect and admire Cindy’s work because each and every self portrait is totally different. Each self portrait is difficult to imagine that the subject is one person because of how much they differ. Each story in every beautiful artwork tells itself, and makes the audience stare. Some of Cindy’s work can rather be beautiful or disturbingly satisfying. Im glad she was able to get famous because this work deserves recognition.