Surrealism

My surrealism photo of Albert Einstein in a gaming room.
One artist that inspires me is Rene Magritte. Rene Magritte was a Belgian surrealist artist, who became well known for creating a number of witty and thought-provoking images. Often depicting ordinary objects in an unusual context, his work is known for challenging observers’ preconditioned perceptions of reality. One fine example of this, is “the false mirror”. Rene’s goal is to keep the view watching and thinking, and he does an amazing job with this art piece showing an eyeball but instead of a normal background, it shows a clear image of the sky filled with clouds. I think this image is great because it makes the view wonder what this image might mean, or where this person could be looking. It brings an un-easy yet beautiful feeling towards the admirer. Compared to my work, I mainly yet for more of a comedic look, making people connect to the scenery of video games, but seeing one of the worlds most smartest people playing games from back in the day. The contrast between Rene and me, is that Rene went for a strange thoughtful feeling, and I went to a comedic personal connection with our surreal art.